Serial Killers: Myths, Modes and Mannerisms
Pat Brown, a former criminal profiler, wrote a cool book entitled Killing for Sport that explodes 10 myths about serial killers. Here are 5 of them:
- Myth – Serial killers are strangers. SKs can be someone you know. Nice.
- Myth – Serial killers are brilliant. They have average brains: most have low level jobs and make poor decisions.
- Myth – SK’s victims look alike. Serial killers murder a variety of victims. Generally victims are often short and light: easier to toss into the trunk of a car. The Hip might know about that. Ugh.
- Myth – You can link a SK to his crimes by his MO – A SK may change his MO for different reasons. Usually he kills depending on what seems to be working or whichever weapon is available to him at the time.
- Myth – Present method of catching SKs works. What present method? There are more serial killers outside prison than inside. I read a SK book by a detective who said many people have probably come closer to being a SK victim than they realize.
- A ray of hope: SKs do not kill often. Here’s a surprise: some of them are remorseful and turn themselves in before they kill again.
No comments yet.
- The Body Beautiful Remains a Dangerous Obsession
- Why Pot Grow-Ops Should Never Be Legalized
- Is Sex Addiction Real?
- I Like Lions
- The Male Perspective on Marriage
- the Marquis de Sade and Social Media
- Because You’re Worth It
- Dry Drowning and Internal Suffocation Happens Easier than You’d think
- Comely Cougars and Cagey Catches
- Stupid Financial Advice that will put You in the Poor House
- Eating Insects isn’t a Foreign Delicacy
- Why not just leave her at the Altar?
- WordPress Blog
- Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist
- Shit My Dad Says
- The Minimalist
- frugal for life
- Special Education Workshop: Bill 212/Anti-Bullying Laws in Ontario Education
- The Good Greatsby
- Marty Nemko's Website
- Awful Deals
- Forget the Truthn Acceptn Your Curse
- silab garza
- male survivors of sexual abuse trust
- I was a foster kid
- bryant watch
- Marilyn Forever