Start Your Own Business in One Day
I’m not kidding. I found this kick-butt blog How to Start a Small Business in Just One Day on bNet, a cool business website that offers all kinds of advice such as the above. Now I am well aware of the irony of me harping about Harper and his cutthroat corporate government and then promoting small business enterprise on the same blog but listen: I’m not advocating you take funding away from day care, education, Aboriginal women and Malawi in order to do it. Maintain a balance and don’t lose sight of the fact that you and your business are not an island. No wo/man is ever an island.
Enough of that. In a nutshell here are the essential steps to establishing a business in one day:
- Choose a name. Nothing fancy. Don’t dwell.
- Get an EIN (Employee Identification Number)…or its Canadian equivalent.
- Register your trade name if you aren’t operating under your own name.
- Fill out a business personal property tax form. Or not. Depends on your locale.
- Ask your locality about other needed permits.
- If necessary get a certificate of resale. Rather like re-certification on a car you’ve purchased from your friend.
- Get a business bank account.
- Set up a simple accounting spreadsheet.
No comments yet.
- The Body Beautiful Remains a Dangerous Obsession
- Why Pot Grow-Ops Should Never Be Legalized
- Is Sex Addiction Real?
- I Like Lions
- The Male Perspective on Marriage
- the Marquis de Sade and Social Media
- Because You’re Worth It
- Dry Drowning and Internal Suffocation Happens Easier than You’d think
- Comely Cougars and Cagey Catches
- Stupid Financial Advice that will put You in the Poor House
- Eating Insects isn’t a Foreign Delicacy
- Why not just leave her at the Altar?
- WordPress Blog
- Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist
- Shit My Dad Says
- The Minimalist
- frugal for life
- Special Education Workshop: Bill 212/Anti-Bullying Laws in Ontario Education
- The Good Greatsby
- Marty Nemko's Website
- Awful Deals
- Forget the Truthn Acceptn Your Curse
- silab garza
- male survivors of sexual abuse trust
- I was a foster kid
- bryant watch
- Marilyn Forever