7 Reasons Not to Own Your Own Business
An oddball follow-up to the previous post Start Your Own Business in One Day and what’s even odder is the author of this blog is the same. However one blog doesn’t cancel out the other. Some people are cut out for business ownership and some aren’t. This blog just offers a rather glib checklist to see if you are in the latter category.
- You still play fantasy sports at work.
- You spent a lot of time personalizing your office.
- You don’t empty your own trash, even when you’re going that way.
- You feel you could be a lot more productive… if you only had that new (insert latest technology here).
- You’re still pissed your department got shorted during the last budget cycle.
- You can discuss work-life balance issues with intelligence and passion.
- You’ve said, even once, “I’ve paid my dues.”
Clearly you need to be the opposite of numbers 1 – 7 to even consider owning your own business. Picture yourself doing the opposite and gauge how it feels. Natural or abnormal? By the way I haven’t expanded on those bullets. Read the original blog to find out why these are warning flags about becoming an enterpreneur.
video: How to start a business
site: SBA.gov – advice and information about starting your own business
No comments yet.
- The Body Beautiful Remains a Dangerous Obsession
- Why Pot Grow-Ops Should Never Be Legalized
- Is Sex Addiction Real?
- I Like Lions
- The Male Perspective on Marriage
- the Marquis de Sade and Social Media
- Because You’re Worth It
- Dry Drowning and Internal Suffocation Happens Easier than You’d think
- Comely Cougars and Cagey Catches
- Stupid Financial Advice that will put You in the Poor House
- Eating Insects isn’t a Foreign Delicacy
- Why not just leave her at the Altar?
- WordPress Blog
- Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist
- Shit My Dad Says
- The Minimalist
- frugal for life
- Special Education Workshop: Bill 212/Anti-Bullying Laws in Ontario Education
- The Good Greatsby
- Marty Nemko's Website
- Awful Deals
- Forget the Truthn Acceptn Your Curse
- silab garza
- male survivors of sexual abuse trust
- I was a foster kid
- bryant watch
- Marilyn Forever