“Stephen Harper” is a Gender Biased Concept
Don’t think so? Check this video: **warning** gut-wrenching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmthTKSWFWw
Okay, so Harper doesn’t like to dwell on nastiness such as murdered and missing Canadian Aboriginal women. The funding was cut for 2 reasons:
- Racism: These are Aboriginal women. These are not white women…there’d be a posse waiting on the steps of Parliament if that happened.
- Profiteering: The money has been “re-routed” into ..you guessed it..big business. video: Stephen Harper Lack of Concern for Native Women
That is my explanation. I want to hear the excuses (certainly not reasons) from Harper himself. Most likely all I will be met with is silence. What excuse is there for an anti-women move like that? Article: NUPGE asks Harper to restore funding for NWAC
Consider that Harper has cut funding for 11 women’s’ groups including Match International, an organization financially protecting women’s right to family planning, including prenatal care and the right to abort unwanted pregnancies in developing countries.
article/video: Harper government axes funding for 11 women’s groups
Here is the (I kid you not) diplomatic response from Conservative Sen. Nancy Ruth in response to the women’s’ groups about the backlash over these cuts: “shut the f–k up“[ on the abortion issue]… “If you push it, there will be more backlash,…this is now a political football. This is not about women’s health in this country.” Verbal attacks aside, Bulger is right that budget cuts to women’s groups is not about their health. As with everything Harper, it’s about siphoning the money back into corporate Canada. video: Conservative Senator Nancy Ruth Threatens Canadian Women’s Groups
Article: Funding Cut to Women’s by Conservative Government
Bulger blamed the funding cuts on the “ideologically driven feminist groups” who support funding abortion as part of maternal health initiatives in developing countries. The government announced last week that it will only fund family planning, but not abortion. Now I’m not going to argue the right or wrong of abortion, or the ShareLife vs ProChoice thing because that is a never-ending argument and so far as I can tell no one ever wins. I will state however that it is not my right, nor should it be, to choose for someone else. Are we going to send women to back street butchers again? (Or in the case of international developing countries force them to have unwanted children they cannot feed or clothe).
Nancy Ruth doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.
R.I.P. Canada’s Aboriginal Women.
R.I.P. Women’s Rights in Developing Countries.
R.I.P. Canadian Democracy….the worst cut of all.
No comments yet.
- The Body Beautiful Remains a Dangerous Obsession
- Why Pot Grow-Ops Should Never Be Legalized
- Is Sex Addiction Real?
- I Like Lions
- The Male Perspective on Marriage
- the Marquis de Sade and Social Media
- Because You’re Worth It
- Dry Drowning and Internal Suffocation Happens Easier than You’d think
- Comely Cougars and Cagey Catches
- Stupid Financial Advice that will put You in the Poor House
- Eating Insects isn’t a Foreign Delicacy
- Why not just leave her at the Altar?
- WordPress Blog
- Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist
- Shit My Dad Says
- The Minimalist
- frugal for life
- Special Education Workshop: Bill 212/Anti-Bullying Laws in Ontario Education
- The Good Greatsby
- Marty Nemko's Website
- Awful Deals
- Forget the Truthn Acceptn Your Curse
- silab garza
- male survivors of sexual abuse trust
- I was a foster kid
- bryant watch
- Marilyn Forever