Vatican Vs Military Spending … You Know You’re in Trouble When …
… even the Pope is devastated over international financial expenditures on military defence.
video: Pope Calls for Less Military Spending and More Development
Note the Pope’s quote: To cease the hatred, the provocation and the use of arms. Easing global tensions however is not what so many nations, especially us privileged first worlds, are about. The Pope pleaded to Iran for a negotiated solution to the dispute over the nuclear programs. Let’s have a look at the US involvement in Iran’s “dispute”, shall we? (You knew it had to go there). The UN made it clear Iran must not pursue weapons of mass destruction. Clearly this is not a sign that Iran is in any way on a quest for peace. Iran halfheartedly, kinda agreed to that but politely suggested it needed plutonium for, um, nuclear energy, not weaponry of course. The UN, not to be fooled, demurred and let it be known to other nations not to barter with Iran over that one. Well, you can’t win em’ all….or can you?
video: Iran’s uranium a problem for UN, not the world - an alternative viewpoint
Enter the United States who, for purely altruistic purposes, were happy to negotiate the sale of plutonium to Iran to manufacture nuclear energy and not nuclear weaponry, of course. Iran didn’t care for the market price of US plutonium and the final transaction was sucked into the void known as the Black Market. Outraged and shocked upon discovering Iran was purchasing plutonium after it “insisted its plutonium-separation experiments were conducted in 1993” “and that no plutonium had been separated [from uranium] since then” the United States righteously called for sanctions against Iran by the UN. Can you hear that sound? That’s me gagging on my lunch.
Article: Threats Watch: Iran, Plutonium and Assessing the Threat
Ah, Benedict XVI, world peace remains as elusive now as it was during Jesus‘ time. The Son of God Himself couldn’t turn the tides and I dare say neither can Pope Benedict. Of course now we have the hypocrisy and greed of those pesky Americans to contend with in the process.
World Peace R.I.P.
No comments yet.
- Nature Vs Technological Nurture
- 26 Useless Trendy Words and Phrases that Should be Retired in 2014
- Terrible Tips to Tame Hunger and Tip the Scales at 100 lbs Maximum
- How Not to Be A Loser According to 1950s Films
- Marilyn Monroe and Jacqueline Kennedy were Gorgeous Rivals for JFK’s Affections
- Eye Spy with My Little Russian Eye
- 28 Seconds and 3 years Later, Michael Bryant is a Changed Man…Maybe
- Beasts and Breeding and Brazil…oh my!
- Tasty Toenia Tapeworms Tighten and Tone the Torso
- Weird, Whacky, Wondrous, Wombs and Woes
- The Dionne Quintuplets – Circus Freaks of the Depression Era
- Poor Pathetic Parenting Produces Promiscuous Pitiful Pornography Prototype
- WordPress Blog
- Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist
- Shit My Dad Says
- The Minimalist
- frugal for life
- Special Education Workshop: Bill 212/Anti-Bullying Laws in Ontario Education
- The Good Greatsby
- Marty Nemko's Website
- Awful Deals
- Forget the Truthn Acceptn Your Curse
- silab garza
- male survivors of sexual abuse trust
- I was a foster kid
- bryant watch